- Government licensed asbestos removal
- Perth and Fremantle area
- Professional, thorough and reliable service
- One of the most experienced asbestos removalists in WA
Azclear is owned and operated by Scott Francis and was established in 1999.
Scott first settled in Fremantle during the America’s Cup defence in 1987 and has lived and worked in the area ever since.
Scott started his career in asbestos removal in 1989, first as a labourer and then as a leading hand and supervisor, with companies removing friable (or limpet) asbestos.
Friable asbestos is the more dangerous crumbly or powdery asbestos and is commonly found in pipe lagging, boiler insulation, fire retardant on steel work, sprayed insulation or even asbestos in its raw form. Removal of friable asbestos is often challenging, demanding and dangerous work.
During this time Scott was employed by:
- KBE Contracting
- PCB Holdings
- Perth Asbestos Removal Co.
Projects that Scott has worked on include:
- Reserve Bank
- Curtin University and University of Western Australia
- Fremantle, Royal Perth and Charles Gairdner Hospitals
- East Perth Oval, the WACA and Perry Lakes Stadium
- Perth Entertainment Centre
- WA Museum
- Parliament House
- Kwinana and Collie Power Stations
- Department of Defence facilities at Swanbourne, Karrakatta, Pearce. Leeuwin and Garden Island
- Numerous Telstra sites
- Austral Bricks
- Robbs Jetty
- WA Salvage
Scott is one of the most knowledgeable asbestos removalists in Western Australia with over 25 years’ experience removing both friable and bonded asbestos.
“I’ve seen a lack of awareness in the general community about just how much asbestos is around and the dangers of disturbing it”.
Asbestos was widely used in WA buildings between 1921 and 1987 and there is no safe level of exposure to loose asbestos fibres.
“Anything built before 1987, you can be fairly certain it’s got some asbestos in it”